Rangers of the Fallen Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rangers of the Fallen Legion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Understand those Towers!

Go down 
+2
Norak
ExSiN
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ExSiN

Understand those Towers! Empty
PostSubject: Understand those Towers!   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:10 am

Hello guys, Ive found out a good guide on leaguecraft and I got into a really good part of the turret AI that I wanted to share with you all, here we go(Credit to the maker, I IM NOT THE MAKER):

A turret prioritizes targets somewhat differently than a minion. Its targeting priorities are much more streamlined, and unlike a minion, a turret will never lose interest in your champion as a target. If your champion becomes the target of a turret, your only recourse is either to flee out of its range, or to destroy it.

A turret prioritizes targets in the following order:

1. An enemy champion designated by a call for help from an allied champion.
2. An enemy minion designated by a call for help from an allied champion.
3. The closest enemy minion.
4. The closest enemy Champion.

Note: Any time a champion takes damage near a friendly turret, it will immediately try to attack the aggressor unless otherwise occupied with an enemy champion.

Tip: If you are going to pick a fight by one of your opponent's turrets, make sure your most durable champion scores the first hit. This will draw the turret'™s fire away from the more fragile members of your team.

The other important thing to know about towers is that when they attack heroes they gradually increase their damage. Ex: We'll assume the tower deals 100 damage, increases at 10% per shot, and maxes at 155%. If a champion tower dives alone and takes all tower hits, it would look like this:

85 damage (starts at 85% standard)
95 damage (increased by 10%)
105 damage (increased by 10%)
115 damage (increased by 10%)
125 damage (increased by 10%)
135 damage (increased by 10%)
145 damage (increased by 10%)
155 damage (increased by 10%)
155 damage (damage is maxed)

When the tower switches targets between champions, the damage will decrease to 125% standard if it is above that. Using the previous example:

85 damage (starts at 85% standard)
95 damage (increased by 10%)
105 damage (increased by 10%)
115 damage (increased by 10%)
125 damage (increased by 10%)

*Tower switches to Champion B*

125 damage (reduced to 125% standard)
155 damage (damage is maxed)

The only way that this damage increase will go away is if the tower hits a minion or doesn't perform an attack for 4 seconds.(end)

--- I actually want to point out that if you ping an ennemy hero the turret will prioritizes that ping'ed hero, so for exemple I ping the squishy ennemy while they come to tower dive me, Even if the tank goes in first, the turret should auto-attack the squishy hero. This could actually improve everyone gameplay in a defensive manner and help you guys rely on tower more to actually kill those annoying ennemy first.

Last edited by ExSiN on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Norak
Administator
Administator
Norak

PostSubject: Re: Understand those Towers!   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:52 am

Wow, thanks for posting this.

I learned a few things from it.
(Y)
Back to top Go down
http://rotfl.inmyclan.com
Bereznoff
Defender
Defender
Bereznoff

PostSubject: Re: Understand those Towers!   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 7:22 am

I didn't know that if you ping someone that it actually targets that specific champ, that would have been use full in some situations.
Back to top Go down
ExSiN

PostSubject: Re: Understand those Towers!   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 7:43 am

I have tested this and it won't switch target but priotize this target, for if 2 person hit you at the same time the tower will protize the pinged target.
Back to top Go down
Norak
Administator
Administator
Norak

PostSubject: Re: Understand those Towers!   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:20 am

Be sure to link/quote the original poster!
Wink
[EDIT] Nevermind, you gave credits (which I missed Razz).
My fault.
Back to top Go down
http://rotfl.inmyclan.com
ExSiN

PostSubject: Re: Understand those Towers!   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:39 am

No worry I'll never steal other person work, as in the extreme case that person could try to do legal activities against me (not sure if its the correct sentences but w.e)
Back to top Go down
Aircroth
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Aircroth

PostSubject: Re: Understand those Towers!   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:50 am

Wow, I didn't know that tower damage had such a small cap.
Back to top Go down
ExSiN

PostSubject: Re: Understand those Towers!   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:53 pm

Aircroth wrote:
Wow, I didn't know that tower damage had such a small cap.

Don't get it wrong, It is not the actual damage but only an exemple, But yeah it has a small cap. It will never do double damage.
Back to top Go down
Fruggline
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Fruggline

PostSubject: Nice   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Very nice thanks alot especcialy on the pinging part.
Back to top Go down
http://rotfl.inmyclan.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=2
ExSiN

PostSubject: Re: Understand those Towers!   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:10 am

Since this new patch, The call for help has been removed, So nvm all the ''pinging'' part...
Back to top Go down
ExSiN

PostSubject: Re: Understand those Towers!   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 6:47 am

Now since the new patch, Tower will NEVER switch target unless that target die/get out of range, so if you try to take tower aggro from your ally by hiting an ennemy champion it won't work anymore. Be carefull with those tower.
Back to top Go down
ExSiN

PostSubject: Re: Understand those Towers!   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:34 am

Ive come up with more information about the tower! I repeat that im not the maker here's the link of the post: http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gameguide/208-game-mechanics-the-missing-manual.xhtml

Another worthwhile fact to know is that towers have significantly more armor and magic resistance when no enemy minions are near, when an enemy minion comes into tower range, their armor and magic drops a large amount. Once the minions are killed, the tower will remain weak for about 5 seconds before the values return. Also, having a friendly champion near a tower gives it +5 MR / Armor.

When you attack a tower, it will take whatever is higher, you attack damage, or 40% of your ability power and apply that to the tower per auto-attack. Towers do physical damage, it can be reduced by armor, but not dodged.

It appears armor penetration has no effect on towers.

Towers grow stronger in damage, magic resist and armor throughout the game (until they reach their cap), still working out the exact mechanics of when and how much they go up by... They also gain 250 health for every disconnected or missing champion from your team

From Kirtanei.
Quoted Text:

Towers get bonuses as time passes. The stat gain isn't the same. First they gain stats based on a set

I call 1), thereafter from a set I call 2); this cycle is repeated until the tower's stats has been capped.

Tower #1 gains:
1) +6 Damage, +1 Armor & Magic Resistance.
2) +6 Damage, +2 Armor & Magic Resistance.
Caps at 200 Damage (+48 damage). No further Armor or Magic Resistance is given after this point.

Tower #2 gains:
1) +6 Damage, +2 Armor, +1 Magic Resistance.
2) +6 Damage, +1 Armor, +2 Magic Resistance.
Caps at 263 damage (+66 damage). No further Armor or Magic Resistance is given after this point.

Tower #3 gains:
1) +6 Damage, +2 Armor, +1 Magic Resistance.
2) +6 Damage, +1 Armor, +2 Magic Resistance.

Wasn't long enough in the game to reach the cap. Speculating it's at +84 damage.

If Tower #1 is capped at +48 damage, Tower #2 at +66 damage I guess that Tower #3 may be
capped at +84 damage. This of course is only speculation.

Also I forgot to mention:

2nd Line towers start getting bonuses shortly before 1st Line towers finishes.

3rd Line towers start getting bonuses once 2nd Line Towers finish their bonuses.

I hope this help understanding the tower AI.
Back to top Go down
Sullyman
Defender
Defender
Sullyman

PostSubject: Re: Understand those Towers!   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:26 am

ExSiN wrote:
Another worthwhile fact to know is that towers have significantly more armor and magic resistance when no enemy minions are near, when an enemy minion comes into tower range, their armor and magic drops a large amount. Once the minions are killed, the tower will remain weak for about 5 seconds before the values return. Also, having a friendly champion near a tower gives it +5 MR / Armor.

This frustrates me in game, when I tell a friendly champion to STAY NEAR THE TOWER. Then they pill saying they did not have mana, or had like 40% health and mana. I understand you do not want to die, or may be able to do little attack at this point, but a tower that is not guarded by any champ and they have minnions and 2 champs there, don't leave. You being there may be enough to ward them off. Just hit and run but be carefull and you will live and might save the tower. Just judge the situation and make sure you check the map and see if any other champs are mia, and make sure you have an exit. If you are a champ with a snare or stun, they are way less likely to hit the tower with you standing there because they risk a death.
Back to top Go down
ExSiN

PostSubject: Re: Understand those Towers!   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:12 am

This is funny how you are one of the few low level player that has these type of common sense. This is what I try to teach to about 95% of the lvl 30 who play in my solo queue game... (Also including other stuff but =/)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Understand those Towers!   Understand those Towers! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Understand those Towers!
Page 1 of 1