Rangers of the Fallen Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rangers of the Fallen Legion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe] Empty
PostSubject: Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe]   Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:23 pm

1. Introduction
2.Build
3.Masteries
4.Rune Book
5.Skills Order
6.Summoner Spells
7.Items
8.Comment

-------------->Introduction<-----------------
Hey My Name Is Rukxy, I play AP [Ability Power] Cho Gath here my guide to be ownage nstoppable Cho Gath
-------------->Buiild<---------------
AP Ability Power is the one of the best build on cho gath reason is when you use your feast on someone it will take lots of damage example. If someone is low level than you you can 1 hit them instantly use your rupture then bite there face off simple Very Happy
-------------->Masteries<----------
9/0/21 Utility

Utility is very strong on Cho'gath. It allows him to harass early with mana regeneration and reduces the cooldown of all his spells allowing him to gain stacks and land cc more efficiently. Make sure to pick up improved ghost, 5%exp gain, and 30% rune buff duration. Having Cho'gath get golem is great for building up feast stacks and allowing him to keep cc up in team fights. Lizard is also decent seeing how you will be chasing down most of the enemy team with ghost.
---------------->Rune Book<---------------
9 Magic Penetration Marks
9 Health per lvl Seals
9 Cooldown Reduction per lvl/flat (either or) Glyphs
3 Flat Hit Point Quintessence

These are fairly obvious and to the point. Cho'gath stacks a lot of health and should have a rune book to coordinate with him. Cooldown reduction allows you to gain your health stacks faster and allowing you to land a much needed stun or silence for the second time in team fights. All your damage is ap based so magic pen is the way to go here.
------------------->Skills Order<---------------------
Level 1 - Q
Level 2 - W
Level 3 - Q
Level 4 - W
Level 5 - Q
Level 6 - R
Level 7 - Q
Level 8 - W
Level 9 - Q
Level 10 - W
Level 11 - R
Level 12 - W
Level 13 - E
Level 14 - E
Level 15 - E
Level 16 - R
Level 17 - E
Level 18 - E
-------------------->Summoner Spells<-------------------------
Summoner Spells - Ghost/Ignite

I believe that ghost and ignite is very strong on Cho'gath. Ghost allows you to chase or flee in fights to save your stacks or land the rupture on the retreating team. Ignite on the other hand, allows you to burst down a carry with the Q, Ignite, W, and R combo. Flash has been taking the nerf progressively for quite some time so I have been using ghost in its stead to great success. I do not really see much use for any of the other summoner spells on Cho'gath
-------------------->Items<------------------------------
Doran's Ring + Health Potion

Boots + 2 Ob Ward (Place at Dragon and their Golem)

Mejai's Soul Stealer (This is the only ap item you will need)

Guardian's Angel + 2 Ob Ward (Place at Baron and their Lizard) (Takes priority after Mejai's, you will need this to save your stack on feast and Mejai's since dieing is a heavy price on Cho'gath)

Decision Point

Banshee's Vail(For caster heavy team)

or

Frozen Heart(For melee heavy team)

End Decision Point

Warmog's Armor(End game if it goes there)
---------------------->Comment<-------------------------
Controlling the map with wards I feel is the tanks job. Cho'gath is a unique tank and is capable of obtaining a high creep score by farming with Q and W combo on creep waves. I also sometimes buy the Health Boost and Attack Damage boost potion where I see fit. It can do wonders in the middle of a fight to give you that extra edge. Also buying some regular health potions to use before entering a team fight and during it will help give you a better chance to keep your stacks. Dying is not an option on Cho'gath and will set you back quite a bit.

During the initial laning phase be sure to harass with rupture and be ready for a kill at lvl six with Q, Ignite, W, R combo. Control your map with wards and do not spend too much time in the lanes after lvl six. Cho'gath is great at jungling during the mid game since you can Q, W to kill a set of jungle creeps and move on quickly for lane exp or team fights. Always make sure to have max feast stacks when pushing. Landing rupture is a bit rough just think a few seconds ahead of your oppenent and to where they might be at that point in time. Control the melee and carries in team fights with rupture and be sure to land your silence on any caster or support heros. In a team fight just feel the fight out with crowd control and place pressure on the carry. (Cho'gath can kill most carries like Ashe or Tf with the formentioned combo

Rukxy

Last edited by Rukxy on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
megachester
Defender
Defender
megachester

PostSubject: Re: Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe]   Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 5:14 pm

so whats the items you buy for him because i might try him out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe]   Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 5:54 pm

oh sorry forgot ill edit it now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe]   Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:15 pm

Good Luck megachester Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Norak
Administator
Administator
Norak

PostSubject: Re: Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe]   Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:13 am

Be careful when using other peoples builds to quote/link the original poster.
For anyone who misunderstood Rukxy, here is the original post:
http://www.solomid.net/forums/index.php?/topic/1056-araragis-chogath-guide/

Thanks,
Norak.
Back to top Go down
http://rotfl.inmyclan.com

PostSubject: Re: Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe]   Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Yea I Couldn't Bowered To Write It Because I Have Same Comments And Stuff and Builds ETC...
Back to top Go down
Bereznoff
Defender
Defender
Bereznoff

PostSubject: Re: Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe]   Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:12 pm

I might try this though I don't really like playing AP cho sense you're only grabbing one item and its fairly cheap i probably wont have a problem with it though I'll probably end up switching out some items sense the way I build cho is uber tank xD.
Back to top Go down
ExSiN

PostSubject: Re: Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe]   Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Well usually you get RoA and Rylai's then you can stack lots of AP, also Cho'gath is one of the less efficient tank in the high lvl of play, So I suggest that if you want to be competitive and want to tank, learn to play other tank.
Back to top Go down
Bereznoff
Defender
Defender
Bereznoff

PostSubject: Re: Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe]   Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:14 pm

ExSiN wrote:
Well usually you get RoA and Rylai's then you can stack lots of AP, also Cho'gath is one of the less efficient tank in the high lvl of play, So I suggest that if you want to be competitive and want to tank, learn to play other tank.

Actually he can be a very effective tank I do agree that other tanks can be better sense Cho can't do enough dmg as a tank to turrets like Rammus or Ali but, He can tank teams and turrets pretty effectively.I usually end up with just a little less then 5k HP and completely annoy the other team Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
ExSiN

PostSubject: Re: Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe]   Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:20 am

Yeah right, but what do you give to a team fight? Almost nothing compared to other tank. He is decent, not as amazing as amumu, galio, etc... If the whole team ignore you, you will do about 800-1k dmg with a 1 sec silence then be completly useless, Same thing for a full tank item Mordekaiser, he NEEDS AP or at the very least Rylai so he get a CC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe]   Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Own@ge Cho Gath [mY bUILD sTYLe]
Page 1 of 1