Rangers of the Fallen Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rangers of the Fallen Legion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
D3leet
Minion
Minion

PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@! Empty
PostSubject: PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@!   PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:34 am

Ok so we are a clan correct? We have a senior competitive team, and a junior competitive team, or at least we are trying to. I would recommend getting some face time in with each other and getting some practice games in. Would like to get a general idea of when some good practice times would be for everyone.

I am eastern standard time, I generally have school on mondays and wednesdays, and have most of my free time on the weekends. This weekend i will have friday off, and sunday off, saturday I will be involved with other things and cannot play. If there are people who are interesting in meeting up and playing some practice games together, please PM me in LoL or respond to this thread with the date/time you think would work best for you. Thanks in Advance!
Back to top Go down
Norak
Administator
Administator
Norak

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@!   PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:19 am

D3leet wrote:
Ok so we are a clan correct? We have a senior competitive team, and a junior competitive team, or at least we are trying to. I would recommend getting some face time in with each other and getting some practice games in. Would like to get a general idea of when some good practice times would be for everyone.

I am eastern standard time, I generally have school on mondays and wednesdays, and have most of my free time on the weekends. This weekend i will have friday off, and sunday off, saturday I will be involved with other things and cannot play. If there are people who are interesting in meeting up and playing some practice games together, please PM me in LoL or respond to this thread with the date/time you think would work best for you. Thanks in Advance!
Hey.

Check the Rangers of the Fallen Legion Events forum (located [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).
We are hosting an ARAM this weekend and Frugg is holding a "mini 1v1 tournament" in a seperate forum.
Back to top Go down
http://rotfl.inmyclan.com
ExSiN

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@!   PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:40 am

I think what he mean is to practice some team compostion to actually get better as a team and then be able to pwn 5v5 premade.
Back to top Go down
Norak
Administator
Administator
Norak

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@!   PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:34 am

ExSiN wrote:
I think what he mean is to practice some team compostion to actually get better as a team and then be able to pwn 5v5 premade.
Oh I see.

Sounds like a great idea Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rotfl.inmyclan.com
tutugah
Defender
Defender
tutugah

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@!   PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:47 am

we shd do in house 5vs5 practice game so we can see we can see what are ours problems
Back to top Go down
D3leet
Minion
Minion

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@!   PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:21 pm

So, now that the Confusius is out of the way, anyone have some times/dates that work best for them? I would like to practice some 5 man premade games, be it in normal, or in practice (I would prefer practice). Also, Additionally, I am working on a livestream, so that I can livestream our practice/normal games, we can go back and watch the game, and see where 5 man teamfights work, and where they do not work (I.E. If you are playing a ganking team (warwick, Akali, Shen, Blitzcrank, Malzahar) vs an AOE team (Vlad, Amumu, Nunu, Annie, Xin Zhao) Is it best to fight them 5v5, or split the team up into groups and force them to either A, roam around the map attempting ganks as a five man, or B, split their team up and force them to defend separate lanes in groups, hoping that their individual parts can defeat our individual parts (hint, they shouldn't be able to beat us in 1v1, 2v2 situations)
Back to top Go down
ExSiN

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@!   PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:27 pm

Actually what we could do and what I will do is look at the Elementz Tier list and from that get us a good combinasion considering our main and then work from there.
Back to top Go down
D3leet
Minion
Minion

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@!   PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:39 pm

The Elementz tier list has mordekaiser listed as f tier, yet consistently well playing mordekaisers can turn defeat into victory with one good ultimate on an insane carry like ezreal/tristana/ashe/kogmaw. I don't trust Tiers, What I trust is proven trusted results from team compositions that work best together. Yes, Nunu can be a garbage hero, combine him with Galio, and Amumu and Kayle and suddenly he gets his ultimate off every team fight and rapes teams with insane AP damage from an ultimate that has the highest ap ratio in the game. Don't think that just because they rate a hero as "garbage" that we should never consider them for a game. Consider the heros they have, and what best lanes against them.

Dota had heroes that in certain situations completely raped teams, and in others, were completely useless. In the end, its about the composition of the two teams, and the skillset of the two teams that makes the difference. There are many times where a Teemo is a viable choice, such a large AOE team that merely needs a good clean up 1v1 hero which Teemo can definitely do in the right situation. Not to mention, shrooms all over the map to assist in map control to correctly position said AOE team.

In the end, don't always trust what some high tier player says, cause sometimes, they will put out information to you that seems completely logical, but is completely false.
Back to top Go down
ExSiN

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@!   PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:28 am

I aggree with you( have been playing dota for 6 years) but also, Mordekaiser can just be ignore in a team fight and he won't do much, Also his pet doesn't get the damage the carry had, but a % of his HP. Mordekaiser as a full tank is completly worthless, he has no CC. Tough I aggree a good ult can turn a tide, but if he manage to get his pet, focus him down and he either retreat or die and lose his pet. Also his ult can be countered by heal/magic immune shield.
Back to top Go down
D3leet
Minion
Minion

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@!   PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:40 am

Good point Exsin, many times his ult is not pulled off, or gets stopped in the process due to heal/kayle ult/zilean ult/ just plain health regen sometimes, even lifesteal. The point is though, there are situations in which some heroes can be beneficial over others because their skillset COMBINED with others, is overpowering, or completely negates the power of one of the enemy heroes (I.E. Morgana's Black shield stopping Sion Stuns early combined with leaving him wasting mana on shield/stun combo).

With Mord, many times his power comes from being able to hold off 2 heroes by himself early game and allowing a jungler to jungle well, and gives a great ult for Warwick to jump on and easily turns 2v2 fights into 3v1 fights while other heroes can maximize their farming. Is it always going to be pulled off? No, of course not. Is it effective? Yes in certain situations. But I feel we need to be able to look at team compositions and be able to make that judgement call on the fly, otherwise, we are not comprising our teams correctly, and may lose the game due to the inability to effectively counter the enemies picks.

I would also say that 90% of this game is map control and how you play against an enemy team. The strategy vs certain team compositions makes all the difference. Large AP team? Better win it early, otherwise their late game tank/dps heroes will rape your face. Large AoE team? Better stick together and time ults correctly, and force the enemy team to fight you 5v5, be it under a tower or not. Ganking Team? Better be able to pull those enemy teams into jungles and get them switched around and keep throwing various heroes at them til they lose 2 or 3, then pick them off as they try to leave the jungle. Its not always about omg teemo's underpowered we lose. Sometimes its also how you Play the hero, and not just how the enemy plays you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@!   PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PRACTICE GAMES!!@!!@!@!@!
Page 1 of 1